JUNIOR COACHES – GUIDELINES FOR GROUP CLASSES ONLY
1. Junior Coaches are unpaid positions.
2. Junior Coaches agree to make every effort to be at all classes they have been assigned. After two or more absences, Junior Coaches may be removed from the program. The classes are either during the Monday group lessons (5:00-6:00 pm) & Saturday Learn to Skate (2:00 - 2:30 pm)
3. Junior Coaches must arrive 20 minutes before the class time to get their skates on and help with set up and tying skates. After two instances of being late, Junior Coaches may be removed from the program.
4. Junior Coaches MUST meet the following minimum requirements:
Must be 13 yrs old by October 31, 2018
Must register as a LTS instructor - www.learntoskateusa.com
Complete the Certification Exam by October 31, 2018
5. Junior Coaches must attend the pre-season meeting TBA at the Kiwanis Ice Arena.
6. Junior Coaches must dress appropriately – preferably black skating pants or leggings and the red skating school jacket.
7. Junior Coaches may NOT do private lessons without completing the requirements set forth by Skating Club of Saugerties. Contact The SC of Saugerties Junior Coach Coordinator: Amber Crispell Phone (845) 389-1848 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. A Jr Coach must be taking regular(atleast weekly) private lessons with their coach to continue improving their skating skills
This is a program designed for skaters ages 14-17 who are interested in coaching private lessons. If a skater is just interested in coaching during group lesson times, see guidelines for Junior Coaches Group Lessons Only on our website
Please note that if the Junior Coach has completed the requirements for teaching during the Monday group lessons & Saturday Learn to Skate; this does NOT qualify them to teach private lessons and must complete additional requirements.
Anyone who is interested for The SC of Saugerties Junior Coach Program Must contact The SC of Saugerties Junior Coach Coordinator before starting any coaching: Amber Crispell
Phone (845) 389-1848 Email email@example.com
Below is the list of requirements for The SC of Saugerties Junior Coach Program and are mandatory for all Jr. Coaches who wish to teach
1. Must be a Member of The SC of Saugerties
2. Must Purchase Liability Insurance through USFSA
3. Must complete Instructors Certification Exam
4. Must register as a Learn to Skate USA Instructor
5. Must be at least 14 years old
6. Must have passed Juvenile Moves in the Field
7. Must have done at least 1 season of group lessons as a Jr Coach through The SC of Saugerties/The Saugerties Skating School
8. Jr Coach and Parent Must meet with a coach mentor (who will be appointed to you by the club’s Jr. Coach Coordinator) to discuss lessons and what is expected of them to teach private lessons as a Jr coach
9. Jr coach must continue to meet with their coach mentor throughout the season as decided by the coach mentor
10. A Jr Coach must be taking regular (at least weekly) private lessons with their coach to continue improving their skating skills
The Following Skating Club of Saugerties members are eligible for Private Lessons: